Wednesday, August 12, 2015

We Moved!

Two weeks ago we moved from our cute little place in Croydon to a much larger place in Chirnside Park. From the moment we walked in the doors of the new place we had a lot to get done.

While the guys were unloading the truck, the mothers were painting our master bedroom which was a horrible metallic purple/brown colour. It took 4 coats to get rid of the damn thing.

We had a cleaner show up that same day to do the bathrooms and the kitchen as the previous owners had left the place looking quiet horrible. The oven was only 3 years old and looked like it hadn't been cleaned for 2 decades.

Our first night in the house was spent on a mattress on the floor which was lovely for a pregnant woman.. NOT!! We learnt very quickly that we were not allow in this house. There is a possum living in our lounge room wall who i've named Jarryd. He likes to knock on the wall as if he wants us to let him inside. It's super creepy. The other morning BJ heard Jarryd and went to see if he could see where he is getting into our wall. BJ swears that Jarryd is the BIGGEST possum he's ever seen and by the sounds he makes I am not surprised.

We got the kitchen sorted pretty quickly. It's soo nice and big with LOT'S of cupboards and an island bench which are both in love with. The other rooms are still a bit of a disaster zone.

All the baby stuff got unpacked so we could organise washing things and I could start packing my hospital bag. It is almost complete though I feel I have waaay too much stuff.

While moving the already broken part of our couch was broken even more to the point that we cannot use it. So BJ and I went looking for a new couch last weekend and have found this retro looking one that we are going to order soon. It wont be available until the end of September which works well because I would hate for my waters to break whilst sitting on it.

Our boys, Cooper & Gordon are not yet living with us as we need to get a fence installed before they can. We had a sleepover with them last week which went well. They spent most of the evening standing guard by the windows in the lounge. We are hoping to try for a sleepover again soon but it's difficult because we have to take them out on their leads and I am no longer able to squat down and put their harness on them.

I am now 8 months pregnant and shit is about to get real.

I have noticed that my energy levels have dropped (Not that they have been very high throughout this pregnancy but still.) We are trying to get the baby's room all sorted before she comes. I feel like every second is spent at appointments now and that i'm not getting anything done.
As of next week I hope to be setup to work from home which will make things a little easier. But I still have soo much to do at the office to be prepared for that.

I had an ultrasound this week and they switched to 3D which is something I haven't had before. BJ couldn't make this appointment so my mum came and she purchased a video of the scan so he could see it. It was pretty cool. She is growing well and looking good. Though she was not willing to let us take a nice photo of her. I also had a doctor's appointment and they hooked my up to a monitor for 20 minutes to check the babies heart rate. I'm going to be doing this weekly to ensure everything is ok.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I don't think it's going to slow down at all before she arrives. Hopefully we can get everything ready in time.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment