Saturday, March 24, 2012

Finally Being Creative - Bridal Shower Gift

This weekend I attended my work colleague Megan's bridal shower/kitchen tea. Traditionally for events like these you are ment to give the bride 'to be' a gift for her kitchen... These days most people already live out of home and have collect there household items and i didn't want to be the person who gave her ANOTHER set of tea towels.

I wanted to do something a bit different and creative. (FINALLY I've made something this year!!!)

So i made up a 'Hen's Night Kit'.


I made a set of badges for her and her friends to wear out to there night of girly fun. The set included a bunch of badges for all her friends to wear with informed everyone that they are apart of 'Megan's Buckette Party' and then Megan herself received three badges... A 'Bride To Be', 'Megan & Matt Forever' and '5th May 2012' (There wedding date) badge. The 'Bride To Be' badge was made a little more fancy with a cute ruffled ribbon around it AND i also made and extra 'Bride To Be' badge into a ring.


All the badges were designed to match the theme on her hen's party invitation and I think the whole kit came out looking pretty awesome.



I oragamied (I dont know if thats a real word) up some gift boxes and made a cute little card too. The ruffled badge was the decoration for the card and the rest of the goodies were tucked away inside.

It was something nice and different which i think showed the amount of time and thoughts i put into her gift. Plus i think she really liked it.

xx
Smorgy

I was wearing this hat which i created... It was bloody cold and BJ put on my head to warm me up. :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment