Friday, November 30, 2012

Monthly Album - MAYDAY

BJ's Words:


This artwork had a lot of time and effort put into it. I pulled out 5 records and lined them up along the windows so that I was able to look up and use them as reference as I tried to replicate the look of compilation albums from the 50's. I love this artwork.

Artwork:


Tracklist:


99 Problems- Philidelphia Grand Jury / Jayz
One More Cup Of Coffee - The White Stripes / Bob Dylan
Let's Dance - M.Ward / David Bowie
Band On The Run - Foo Fighters / Wings
We Wil Become Silhouettes - The Shins / The Postal Service
Hurt - Johnny Cash / Nine Inch Nails
Where Did You Sleep Last Night - Nirvana / Lead Belly
Somebody That I Used To Know - Eskimo Joe / Gotye
Seven Nation Army - C.W Stoneking / The White Stripes
Only The Lonely - Mariachi El Bronx / Roy Orbison
Skinny Love - Birdy / Bon Iver

Samples:



Extras:


For this album BJ asked me to make two magnets which had the stain glass images from the front covers on them. I packaged them up all cute and they looked awesome in the end.


Copyright:


Disc 1 - ©FTI RECORDS APRIL 2012 SIDE A: AN ALBUM FULL OF COVER SONGS, WHODDA THUNK IT! WELL, WE DID, ONCE AGAIN, NEW MUSIC BURSTING FROM OUR LOINS, INTO YOUR LOINS, WELL NEW OLD MUSIC ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU DIG THIS AS MUCH AS WE DO. WE GOT 99 PROBLEMS, BUT A RELEASE AINT ONE!

Disc 2 - ©FTI RECORDS APRIL 2012 SIDE B: THE ALBUM OF ORIGINAL SONGS, THE AURAL ACCOMPANIMENT TO SIDE A. THE ARTISTS AND SONGS THAT MADE SIDE A POSSIBLE EXIST ON THIS CD. SO TURN IT UP. SIT BACK. AND LISTEN TO THE ORIGINALITY BURST OUT OF YOUR SPEAKS AND FILL YOUR EARS. CYA IN JUNE!



My Thoughts:


With this album it was hard. There were soo many great cover songs out there and I feel that there are some better ones BJ could have picked over others. I enjoy the covers more then the originals mostly but both albums have a good flow.

We'd love to know what you think of MayDay and if you would like a digital copy of the album send me an email silhouettesofknights@gmail.com


xx
Smorgy & BJ

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment