Thursday, July 12, 2012

Monthly Album - FEBRUARY

BJ's Words:


Seeing and hearing the other albums in the monthly swap, I realised that I needed to up my game and make some big steps forward.

I heard the Saul Williams song when I got his new album and it blew my mind, I knew it was going to be the one that opened the album. The clapping, the synths, the spoken word to open it up, it was perfect.

I filled the rest of the album up with songs that packed a little bit of punch but weren't too in your face.

The artwork I wanted to make desolate, the cover, two thirds sky, the remaining part to look simple yet grabs your attention. I wanted the artwork to fold open and there to be an image inside, we made it work.

Looking back, putting the track list on the inside of the foldout was a mistake, but one that I did learn from.

Artwork:



Tracklist:


Reach For The Sun - Saul Williams
If You See Light - The Mountain Goats
Energy - The Apples In Stereo
Tony The Tiger - Manchester Orchestra
From The Hips - Cursive
Beatles Or Stones - Beady Eye
Thickfreakness - The Black Keys
We Need A Myth - Okkervil River
Just For Today - The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Transdermal Celebration - Ween
The Ship Song - Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds

A Visual Selection:









Extras:


February had a mini poster the the track list printed on the inside of the booklet and a promo video



Copyright:


©February 2012 FTI RECORDS. Another album of solid gold treats, although this one is dated correctly. January had a misprint on the dates, if was an oversite by FTI Records and we refuse to apologize, so take your complaints and jam them where the sun dont shine. See you in March you damn nazis, I dont mean you killed a bunch of jews, Im pretty sure you understand, Pigs.

My Thoughts:


This album starts with an artist which I'm not really a fan of. This had me worried that I would let that cloud my judgement and stop me from enjoying this album. But even now (in July) FEBRUARY one of my favourite albums. It's got such a great flow about it and some of my favourite artists (The Mountain Goats, Ween). This album doesn't just stick to one genre and even though it does jump around a fair bit it still works soo well. 


We'd love to know what you think of FEBRUARY so if you would like a digital copy of this album please send me an email silhouettesofknights@gmail.com

xx
Smorgy & BJ

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment