Wednesday, January 5, 2011

50 New-To-Me Movies for 2010

In 2010 i decided to try and watch 50 movies I'd never seen before and i managed to succeed (squeezing two in on the 31/12/10).

Here is a list of what i saw

January:
  • Fantastic Mr Fox – 4/5 – Very enjoyed the animation and story. Definitely not a children’s film.
  • Degrassi goes to Hollywood – 3/5 – Wasn’t like watching Degrassi, but still fun to watch.
  • Iron Man – 3/5 – Even though not much really happens I enjoyed watching it. I don’t know if it’s just because it’s Robert Downey Jr or because it was good :P
  • Nine – 2/5 – Completely cut all of Kate Hudson and it would be watchable again. But it’s no Chicago.
  • Mary and Max – 4/5 – Animation was awesome, Story was fucked up but I loved it

February:
  • Synecdoche New York – 1/5 – I just hated it. DONT WATCH THIS!!!
  • Funny People – 3/5 – I enjoyed it, it was better then I heard it would be. Long but actually funny.
  • Running with Scissors – 2.5-3/5 – I was shocked to find out it was a based on a true story. It was crazy (literally).
March:
  • Alice in Wonderland – 2/5 – It was alright but not great. Tim Burton needs to stop ‘burtonizing’ every movie ever made and write his own again.
  • He’s just not that into you – 2/5 – It wasn’t fantastic. Your typical chick flick with the happy ending. But I liked it
  • Post Grad – 2/5 – It was an average film. Only watched it because Alexis Bledel was in it. But it had a pretty big cast.
  • Kick Ass – 4/5 – BRILLANT!!
  • The men who stare at goats – 2.5/5 – I enjoyed it. It was a little silly, but wasn’t a waste of time.
  • My name is Bruce – 2.5/5 – Oh my god… hahaa. I wasn’t expecting anything special and it was soo stupid, but sooo brillant.
  • Cop Out – 3/5 – It was great. Very funny.
  • Harold & Kumar 2 – 2.5/5 – Yes a lower rating but only because its not a masterpiece. It is however very funny and stupid

April:
  • Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist – 3.5/5 – A fun movie, without being stupid.
  • Whatever Works – 2/5 – Who’d of thought Larry David could be worse then he is in Curb.
  • Where the wild things are – 3/5 – Beautiful film. Amazing costumes. But I worry if I think about it too much ill like it less.
  • 27 Dresses – 2/5 – Its predictable but not boring. I love the comment ‘its great because you can shorten it and wear it again’

May:
  • Rachel’s Getting Married – 2.5/5 – I was not expecting an arthouse movie so I was a bit surprised. It was a bit all over the shop and a lot didn’t make sense (eg: Indian themed attire for the wedding).
  • Whip It – 3.5/5 – I really enjoyed this film
  • Iron Man 2 – 4/5 – GREAT!
  • Best In Show – 3/5 – Funny mockumatery of a dog show

June:

July:
  • Paper Heart – 3/5 – It had it’s funny moments but I was expecting it to be funnier
  • Toy Story 3 – 4.5/5 – Beautiful way to finish up that trilogy
  • Inception – 4/5 – Very well done.. Wrapped up in the end perfectly
August:
  • Im Reed Fish – 2/5 – Wasn’t anything special. Was expecting it to be better           
  • Hot Tub Time Machine – 5/5 – BRILLANT!!!
  • She’s Out of Your League – 2/5 – Wasn’t terrible, had funny moments
  • Band Slam – 2/5 – Was entertaining.. Put it on to fall asleep to but watched the entire movie
  • Scott Pilgrim vs The World – 2/5 – Wasn’t as good as people said it was
  • Wedding Crashers – 2/5 - Laughed a bit but nothing really memorable
  • + watched half of 'I Love You Man' (Haven't counted it as i haven't finished it)

September:
  • The Karate Kid – 2/5 – Enjoyable but not fantastic (I love Jackie Chan)
  • Streetdance – 1/5 – Soo bad but had to finish it
  • Sherlock Holmes – 2.5/5 – Not as good as I thought it’d be
October:
  • I’m still here – 4/5 – Very different but good.
  • Easy A – 4/5 – It was entertaining!
  • Buried – 4/5 – Very different. And thankfully they didn’t fuck up the ending
November:
  • The Social Network – 4/5 – well written, well acted
  • Jackass 3D – 5/5 – Hilarious
  • The First Daughter – 1/5 – Poo
  • The Bunny House – 2/5 – Funny… ‘Mysterious’
  • The Vicious Kind – 4/5 - I dont know what to say. Wow
December:
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall – 3/5 - Enjoyable. Cant complain when VM is involved
  • Sex and the City Movie – 1/5 - Terrible
  • Dukes of Hazzard – 2/5 - Watchable.
  • Harry Potter and the Deadly Hollows – 4/5 - It was made to line everything up for the final part... And it did that very well
  • The Actors – 2.5/5 – I wasn’t really in the mood for it I don’t think, but it was enjoyable
  • When in Rome – 3/5 – I loved the cast, it was goofy but fun
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment